MENU
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Vương Quốc Anh33 » Linh tinh » Hỏi - đáp Tiếng Anh » The Gospel of the Holy Twelve
The Gospel of the Holy Twelve
nntDate: Thứ ba, 29-06-2010, 2:51 PM | Message # 1
Ma Vương Thiên Chủ
Người quản lý
Awards: 2

The Gospel of the Holy Twelve

Translated from the original Aramaic
by Rev. G.J.R. Ouseley

IN THE NAME OF THE ALL HOLY. AMUN.

Here beginneth the Gospel of the Perfect Life of Iesu-Maria, the Christ, the offspring of David through Ioseph and Mary after the flesh, and the Son of God, through Divine Love and Wisdom, after the Spirit.

Lection 1

The Parentage And Conception Of Iohn The Baptist

1. THERE was in the days of Herod, the King of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia; and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
2. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
3. And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest’s office before God in the order of his course, according to the custom of the priest’s office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple IOVA. And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of the offering of incense.
4. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing over the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias, for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth, shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name Iohn.
5. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth; for he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall neither eat flesh meats, nor drink strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.
6. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God; And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
7. And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife is well stricken in years. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to announce unto thee these glad tidings.
8. And, behold, thou art dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, then shall thy tongue be loosed that thou mayest believe my words which shall be fulfilled in their season.
9. And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple. And when he came out, he could not speak unto them; and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple; for he made signs unto them, and remained speechless.
10. And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house. And after those days, his wife Elisabeth, conceived, and hid herself five months saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

Lection 1.1 The opening paragraph of this Gospel was evidently before the eyes, or in the mind of St. Paul when he wrote Romans 1-4. (See Luke 1:5) This is only one of several instances where this Gospel, or the words of Iesus recorded in it, are used subsequently, without specially indicating the fact (as shewn further on), being well-known to his hearers at that time.

Lection 2

The Immaculate Conception Of Iesus The Christ

1. AND in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God, unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Ioseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
2. Now Ioseph was a just and rational Mind, and he was skilled in all manner of work in wood and in stone. And Mary was a tender and discerning Soul, and she wrought veils for the temple. And they were both pure before God; and of them both was Iesu-Maria who is called the Christ.
3. And the angel came in unto her and said, Hail, Mary, thou that art highly favoured, for the Mother of God is with thee: blessed art thou among women and blessed be the fruit of thy womb.
4. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favour with God and, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb and bring forth a child, and He shall be great and shalt be called a Son of the Highest.
5. And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
6. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her The Holy Spirit shall come upon Ioseph thy Spouse, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, O Mary, therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Christ, the Child of God, and his Name on earth shalt be called Iesu-Maria, for he shall save the people from their sins, whosoever shall repent and obey his Law.
7. Therefore ye shall eat no flesh, nor drink strong drink, for the child shall be consecrated unto God from its mother’s womb, and neither flesh nor strong drink shall he take, nor shall razor touch his head.
8. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God no thing shall be impossible. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
9. And in the same day the angel Gabriel appeared unto Ioseph in a dream and said unto him, Hail, Ioseph, thou that art highly favoured, for the Fatherhood of God is with thee. Blessed art thou among men and blessed be the fruit of thy loins.
10. And as Ioseph thought upon these words he was troubled, and the angel of the Lord said unto him, Fear not, Ioseph, thou Son of David, for thou hast found favour with God, and behold thou shalt beget a child, and thou shalt call his name Iesu-Maria for he shall save his people from their sins.
11. Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was written in the prophets saying, Behold a Maiden shall conceive and be with child and shall bring forth a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God Within Us.
12. Then Ioseph being raised from sleep did as the angel had bidden him, and went in unto Mary, his espoused bride, and she conceived in her womb the Holy One.
13. AND Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judea and entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
14. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the power of the Spirit and spake, with a clear voice and said, Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
15. Whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the babe leaped for joy. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall. be a performance of those things which were told her from the Holy One.
16. And Mary said: My soul doth magnify Thee, the Eternal, and my spirit doth rejoice in God my Saviour. For thou hast regarded the low estate of thy handmaiden; for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
17. For Thou that art mighty hast done to me great things; and holy is Thy Name. And Thy mercy is on them that fear Thee from generation to generation.
18. Thou hast shewed strength with Thy arm; thou hast scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
19. Thou hast put down the mighty from their seats and exalted the humble and the meek. Thou hast fill the hungry with good things and the rich Thou dost send empty away.
20. Thou dost help thy servant Israel, in remembrance of thy mercy: as Thou spakest to our ancestors to Abraham and to his seed for ever. And Mary abode with her about three months and returned to her own house.
21. And these are the words that Ioseph spake,, saying: Blessed be the God of our fathers and our mothers in Israel: for in an acceptable time Thou hast heard me, and in the day of salvation hast Thou helped me.
22. For Thou saids’t I will preserve and make thee a covenant of the people to renew the face of the earth: and to cause the desolate places to be redeemed from the hands of the spoiler.
23. That thou mayest say to the captives, Go ye forth and be free; and to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves in the light. And they shall feed in the ways of pleasantness; and they shall no more hunt nor worry the creatures which I have made to rejoice before me.
24. They shall not hunger nor thirst any more neither shall the heat smite them nor the cold destroy them. And I will make on all My mountains a way for travellers; and My high places shall be exalted.
25. Sing ye heavens and rejoice thou earth; O ye deserts break forth with song: for Thou O God dost comfort Thy people; and console them that have suffered wrong.

Lection 2. 10.- "Ioseph begat (of Mary the Virgin, his wife) Iesus, who is called the Christ."-Curetonian and Lewis's Syriac, MS. ; and several of the oldest Latin MSS., in Matt. I.16, A.V.

Lection 2. 21-25.-The canticle of Ioseph here given is very similar to a certain portion of the book of Isaiah; indeed, appears to be taken from it, as Iohn borrowed from the Old Testament prophets. It has been omitted in all other Gospels extant. It is of singular beauty, and appropriate for use at Matins, as Magnificat is for Vesper, the Song of Zacharias finding an equally appropriate place at Nocturns.
( to be continued )

"If man wants freedom why keep birds and animals in cages? Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We live by the death of others. We are burial places! I have since an early age abjured the use of meat."

-Leonardo-da-Vinci

BE VEG GO GREEN SAVE OUR PLANET!!

nntDate: Thứ ba, 29-06-2010, 2:57 PM | Message # 2
Ma Vương Thiên Chủ
Người quản lý
Lection 5

The Manifestation of Iesus to the Magi

1. Now when Iesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came certain Magi men from the east to Jerusalem, who had purified themselves and tasted not of flesh nor of strong drink, that they might find the Christ whom they sought. And they said, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we in the East have seen his Star, and are come to worship him.
2. When Herod the king had heard these things he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where the Christ should be born.
3. And they said unto him, Bethlehem of Judea; for thus it is written by the prophet, and thou Bethlehem, in the land of Judea, art not the least among the princes of Judah; for out of thee shall come forth a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
4. Then Herod, when he had privily called the Magi, enquired of them diligently what time the Star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
5. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the Star which the Magi of the East saw, and the angel of the Star went before them, till it came and stood over the place where the young child was, and the Star had the appearance of six rays.
6. And as they went on their way with their camels and asses laden with gifts, and were intent on the heavens seeking the child by the Star, they forgot for a little, their weary beasts who had borne thee burden and heat of the day, and were thirsty and fainting, and the Star was hidden from their sight.
7. In vain they stood and gazed, and looked one upon the other in their trouble. Then they bethought them of their camels and asses, and hastened to undo their burdens that they might have rest.
8. Now there was near Bethlehem a well by the way, And as they stooped down to draw water for their beasts, lo, the Star which they had lost appeared to them, being reflected in the stillness of the water.
9. And when they saw it they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
10. And they praised God who had shewn his mercy unto them even as they shewed mercy unto their thirsty beasts.
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. And they kindled a fire according to their custom and worshipped God in the Flame.
13. And when they were departed, behold the angel of God appeared to Ioseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and there remain until I bring thee word, for Herod will seek to destroy him.
14. AND when he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt, and was there for about seven years until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of God by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
15. Elizabeth too when she heard it, took her infant son and went up into a mountain and hid him. And Herod sent his officers to Zacharias in the temple and said to him, Where is thy child? And he answered I am a minister of God and am continually in the temple. I know not where he is.
16. And he sent again, saying, Tell me truly where is thy son, Dost thou not know thy life is in my hand? And Zacharias answered, The Lord is witness if thou shed my blood, my spirit will God receive, for thou sheddest the blood of the innocent.
17. And they slew Zacharias in the Temple between the holy place and the altar; and the people knew it, for a voice was heard, Zacharias is slain, and his blood shall not be washed out until the avenger shall come. And after a time the priests cast lots, and the lot fell upon Simeon, and he filled his place.
18. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceedingly wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
19. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
20. BUT when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of God appeared in a dream to Ioseph in Egypt. Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and return into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.
21. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother and came into the land of Israel. And they came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth; and he was called the Nazarene.

LECTION 5. 9. -Note the beautiful lesson taught by these words. They look in vain for the signs of God who forget the needs of the poorer brethren and their beasts under their care. To look upon the needs of these who cannot speak (in human tongue) is to find the bright light they lose who only look upwards.

LECTION 5. 16. -Alluding to 2 Chron. xxiv. 20, in the Ierusalem Talmud, and also in the Babylonish, is an account of a priest named Zacharias, who was slain in the court of the priests near the altar, and whose blood never ceased to bubble from the earth, till a great number of priests and rabbins were slaughtered (Talmud Hierosal, fol. 69).

In the Protevangelium attributed to Iames, the first Bishop or Angel of the Church in Ierusalem is introduced the present story of Zacharias, and that Herod who slew the infants in Bethlehem slew also Zacharias the priest in the Temple when he said that he knew not where his infant son Iohn was hidden. It is this story, and not the incident in Chronicles, that most probably is referred to in a latter part of the Gospel by Iesus, being fresh in the memories of that generation, and so more likely to fasten attention.( to be continued )

nntDate: Thứ ba, 29-06-2010, 3:00 PM | Message # 3
Ma Vương Thiên Chủ
Người quản lý
"At the end of time," Jesus replied, "in the period of darkness and vengeance, I will come again, clothed in the Light of my Parents, accompanied by the saints who have been lifted up, so that I can reign on the physical plane for a thousand years. Then those who lived with propriety, died, and remain in their graves, will be raised up, and those who remain in mortality will be lifted up to meet me as I descend."

TESTIMONY OF MARY

Vương Quốc Anh33 » Linh tinh » Hỏi - đáp Tiếng Anh » The Gospel of the Holy Twelve
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: